Without a doubt, Martinique Beach is the best beach to learn to surf in Nova Scotia.
- 4 km of beach – easy to find a wave to yourself. Lawrencetown is far more crowded
- Halifax Surf School lessons and rentals available at Martinique Beach
- Martinique is one of the most beautiful beaches in nova Scotia
- On windy days, Martinique can provide some shelter and offer cleaner waves than Lawrencetown
- Only 40 minutes from Halifax and 30 minutes from Dartmouth
- Gently-sloping sandy beach with no rocks in the surfing areas.
- Most consistent waves in the entire province. It’s almost never too small to surf
- Free parking
- Change rooms and washroom facilities
- Lifeguards on duty during summer hours
- Come experience why Martinique Beach is one of Nova Scotia’s surfing gems
Halifax Surf School offers lessons at Martinique Beach everyday from May to October. This is a great place to learn to surf in Nova Scotia because of the sand bottom and gentle slope. The absence of rocks and shallower water allows the surf student to feel comfortable. The beach is also over 4km long, so there is no problem finding your own uncrowded wave. Avoid the stress of battling the crowds at Lawrencetown Beach and come check out surfing Martinique Beach on the beautiful eastern shore of Nova Scotia.